10 Points to value your safari guide
- It is the attributes of training and quality of experience a safari Guide must have.
- A safari makes more enjoyable and become personal when escorted by an experienced Guide.
- A qualified safari Guide is an African ambassador who would impart information and knowledge on local cultural tourism, people and share experience with clients on safari about habits and habitats of wild animals, botany, birding, reptiles, insects and their behaviour.
- A qualified safari Guide is an excellent host, enthusiastic, alerts all day long, organizer, mechanic, good shot, conservationist, paramedic first Aider and mind reader.
- Guests safety depend on a Safari Guide while out in the bush while on safari.
- The impact that a Guide have on visitors is enormous on fact that the good qualified Guide is a humble person, allow a room to listen to his/her guests, answer adequacy questions, make the experience exceptional not because they open eyes to show animals around you but had come in terms with their own strength, weakness, passion of the bush, wildlife and love to host guests.
- A mediocre Guide can not ruin the experience as no one can take away the beauty of surroundings and excitement of seeing the animal's close up in their own environment, but a good guide raises the experience to another level.
- Accompanying a good safari Guide in the bush or on a safari trip is like reading the book and while looking at animals and landscape from a vehicle is like seeing the movie….
- Specialist Safari Guides (Not a driver Guides) are the greatest draw cards to Africa wildlife holidays.
- His/her company is congenial, his/her conversation is never too lag, laughter is paramount, and the joy of being in such company while on safari and bush experience is just a supreme intoxicating, hence many guests return again and again for what was originally 'a once in a lifetime holiday experience
Safari Advice:Afrika Zambezi Safaris promotes and sells an African experience with inclusive safari packages to small remote bush camps/lodges in the company of a qualified Safari Guide. We offer customized, personalized safari service which include cultural tours to meet the local people, as well as providing the benefit of a dedicated guide with excellent knowledge of the wildlife and environment.
Therefore, to get the best value out of an African safari, one would first have to consider the following:
- Research the individual camps, lodges and safari activities on offer and their costs.
- All inclusive safari packages to small camps in remote areas with your professional exclusive Guide are highly recommended.
- The inexpensive safari package may not necessarily be a good deal as this boils down to what values and services are being offered in that particular Safari itinerary. Cheaper safari deals might lead to a bad experience.
- The level of experience of your safari Guide in Africa is probably the most important thing to bear in mind before you make your choice.
- Be familiar with the conditions and all travel logistics, charter flights, insurance, medical issues, booking confirmation deadlines and payments for the entire safari plan.
|Welcome to our Africa Safari planner where we introduce you to an outline of our safari itineraries - ranging from a traditional safari under canvas to a fully inclusive luxury holiday. We offer both Southern & East Africa destinations. To assist you with the many choices on offer, AZS will attempt hereunder to give you some useful pointers on how to make the most of the seasons, the weather and the destinations in this hugely varied continent of Africa.|
|Whether you are a first time traveller or an old Africa hand planning a new adventure, Afrika Zambezi Safaris has carefully selected and reviewed the very best spots to create safari itineraries in both East and Southern Africa, where we personally accompany and guide our guests on safari to the less traveled areas and the famous tourist spots. Every traveler coming to Africa wants to see the big five animals on the list, however if your annual break is already planned, perhaps the following information might influence your decision on selected destination. If you have not yet decide where to go, then we would encourage interested guests to contact us for any special requirements or to take advantage of the great value safari deals on our list. Drop us an email at safari@AZSafrica.com for a quote.|
Safari Seasons in Africa:
African seasons are not as well defined as those in North America or Europe.
Southern African Winter Safari Season:
Southern African Summer Safari Season:
...also in Southern Africa - moderate winters, hot summers.In Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Zambia and Zimbabwe winter temperatures are generally around 18 degrees Celsius and moderate with comfortable climate. Recommended wear during the day are shorts, rafters and T/shirts with a fleece and long trousers to ward off the evening chill. Temperatures rarely fall lower in the mid-winter on the Lower Zambezi, north and South Luangwa valley. During the hot season in the Zambezi valley, October and November are nicknamed “Suicide months' as daytime temperatures can exceed 40 degrees Celsius, not dropping below 30 degrees Celsius even at night.
East Africa Safari Seasons have long and short monsoon rains:
|Reasons to choose our Big Regional Safari Destinations:
We conduct Safari experiences in this country due to its well established Conservation policy which is based on low volumes - no mass package tours or crowds.
Largest portion of all Safari earnings from your safari trip goes back to benefit local communities and actual conservation projects.
So, safari prices are therefore higher with a big factor of supply and demand.
ZAMBIA, ZIMBABWE, NAMIBIA, SOUTH AFRICA AND EAST AFRICA SAFARIS:
In the remote areas of lower Zambezi, Mana Pools, Hwange, Luangwa valleys, Kafue, Victoria Falls and Tanzania's Ruaha, Selous, Ngorongoro, lake Manyara, Tarangire, Serengeti and Masai Mara, camps or lodges for guests are small in size and we cater for between 6-12 guests on one safari trip between May to October at the best time of the year.
Prices for such safaris in particular in the Zambia camps can offer very good value when all travel and logistics costs required are factored in.
In our beloved Zimbabwe destination, tourism has declined due to economical and political problems, but it is still an excellent tourist destinations in spite of the bad press representation. Tourists are very welcome and great efforts are made to promote tourism. Some excellent value deals at upmarket destinations can therefore be arranged.